Nash General Hospital in Rocky Mount, North Carolina provides cutting-edge medical care for patients in 3 counties, all from a 282-bed main facility. Since its opening over 38 years ago, the hospital has provided a safe environment in which to care for the patients it serves. As to be expected, the building's age had started to show in the forms of stained exterior coating, exterior mold and mildew, and interior water leaks.
Nash Health Care Systems contacted EDS for assistance. Our expert team conducted a baseline visit to thoroughly evaluate the six-story facility and recommended needed repairs. We were awarded the bid and began working in the summer of 2008 to complete the following repairs:
- Recaulk existing sealant at metal to brick joints at perimeter of windows, doors, and louvers
- Recaulk existing sealant at brick to brick joints
- Trim existing gasket/seal flush with window frame, clean and install silicone-based wet seal to create new continuous watertight gasket/seal at metal to glass joints
- Pressure wash with low pressure to remove surface dirt, mold, and mildew, and apply two coats of clear sealer
- Rust proof lintels and shelf angles
- Tuckpoint loose or missing mortar joints
- Install cell vents in existing weep hole openings in brick inserts
EDS was able to provide exceptional service while maintaining the safety and reducing the impact of the repairs on hospital staff, patients, and visitors.
"EDS' attention to detail and expertise with working in and around a patient facility was a great asset. The project was completed with little or no disruption to Nash General Hospital's staff and patients." -Rick Holmes, Director of Plant Services, Nash Health Care Systems